Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quote for adding Maximize icon to the Advanced editor's toolbar in vBulletin Connect 5.6.7

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote for adding Maximize icon to the Advanced editor's toolbar in vBulletin Connect 5.6.7

Hello Glen,
    I need a Maximize icon in my Advanced editor's toolbar in vBulletin Connect 5.6.7. As vBulletin 5 uses CKEditor 4 for its Advanced editor, there is a ready-made maximize plugin available on the CKEditor website. However, vBulletin 5 uses a proprietary method for implementing plugins in CKEditor so I couldn't get it to work.

The screenshot below shows a CKEditor 4 instance configured with the Maximize icon in its toolbar. It's the 2nd icon from the right. Clicking the icon results in the editor resizing to full screen. Clicking the icon again in full screen mode returns the editor to its previous windowed state. It is default CKEditor maximize plugin behavior. I need this Maximize button on all CKEditor instances throughout vBulletin Connect 5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CKEditor 4 with maximize button in toolbar.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	24778

Can you implement this for me? If you send me your quote and how you want to be paid then I can decide quickly. Preferably this would be implemented as an installable mod. If that's impractical then I'll settle for replacement files or a detailed instruction on how to do this myself.
    I have no problem with editing core vBulletin files even if that implies that I would need to re-apply the modification after every vBulletin update. I need to be able to compose/edit posts & articles full screen.

Awaiting your reply,

Regards,
    --limerick

limerick, thanks for a good suggestion. It doesn't have to be a CKEditor plugin. Because if it was, then only the CKEditor itself would be maximized and the other vB5 editor controls outside the CKEditor would not be visible. CKEditor consists just the box where you type plus the toolbar controls immediately right above it.

I recommend maximizing the entire vB5 editor and not just the CKEditor like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ckeditor.png
Views:	135
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	24780
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Good of you to point that out to me. Where I refer to CKEditor, I actually mean the vB5 editor as a whole. I hadn't realized that CKEditor is only a part of the entire vB5 editor. So I follow your suggestion, Glenn.

Comment

I will add it to my list of mods to create.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

You could give me a quote on developing this mod for me. I don't need or expect exclusivity. Once you've developed the mod for me you can sell it as your own product. Advantage for me is that I have my maximize function and you have a new product. See it as me funding/sponsoring part of your development costs.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok, will send you a PM.

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            PM sent.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"