X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken vb Mods

I had a few mods that stopped working properly due to some of the recent updates. Since Glenn has been busy with other things, I thought it would be a good idea to put together a thread of issues so that we he finds time they can possibly get corrected. Feel free to add your issues here so everything is in one spot. This will also help the unsuspecting from purchasing an inoperative upgrade.

1. Remove unnecessary whitespace

It seems since the new 5.5.6 update that on some users, the signature white space is huge underneath it. I removed the above CSS code and it goes back to normal, but of course the whitespace returns in the post area. Until we get some more info of why i'll leave the css off for now. Would rather have the white space in the post than under the signature.

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...1219#post21219

With CSS

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1828 (1).jpg Views:	80 Size:	27.5 KB ID:	21243

Without CSS

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1827.jpg Views:	57 Size:	20.8 KB ID:	21244

2. Forum category spacing
    PROBLEM RESOLVED SEE BELOW!!!!!!!!!

Border has shifted left

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...1169#post21169

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1822.jpg Views:	58 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	21245

3. So now with the 5.6.0 update the optional log in box MOD is inop

Problem resolved,, see below

Comment

I'm curious to see what i lose when I upgrade.

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        With every upgrade there seems to be more mod degradation. Without the captain here we are sailing without a chart. I hope he is well, because probably only something very serious would have kept him away from the forum for this long. My thoughts and prayers are with him

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
      3. So now with the 5.6.0 update the optional log in box MOD is inop
      RESOLVED. Use a template module with
      login_main

Comment

2. Forum category spacing

Border has shifted left

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...1169#post21169

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1822.jpg Views:	58 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	21245

Problem RESOLVED
        https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...1640#post21640

Comment

The white space Mod is still an issue, so it is removed from my forum. I can live without it......

Comment

The white space Mod is still an issue, so it is removed from my forum. I can live without it......
            I thought you have resolved this problem?

Comment

NEW ISSUE:::::::::

Was upgraded to 5.6.1. Take note of the glowing online icon on the top left of the profile. Anyone know how to move it to the correct spot?? Thread view is showing fine, it's just on the user profile page. Thread view is showing fine, it's just on the user profile page

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...1779#post21779

Comment

• Mitch
                Mitch commented
                Editing a comment
                The above fix has a problem when using IOS

Anybody else having issues with the Post reporting thread mod. The reported post goes into the moderation queue every time even when the user is set to my own admin account....

Comment

Mod: vB5 Likes Summary (paid)
                Ver: VB5.6.1p1

It appears to work most of the time, sometimes I notice it isn't working and while it might be unrelated, while looking for something else I found the application log is full of errors.

Code:
                HttpException
                A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:). at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateInputIfRequiredByCo nfig() at System.Web.HttpApplication.PipelineStepManager.Val idateHelper(HttpContext context)
                https://domain.com:443/ajax/api/vmtrlikesummary:likeSummary/get
                Might make sense to Glenn!

Comment

While I see the tracking in my app log, I see no dangerous exceptions (same version).

Curious to see Glenns thoughts.
                  Last edited by NumNum; 05-13-2020, 05:54 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Anyone have the Tweet BB code working in 5.6.1? I'm not sure if it's a Twitter change or a vB change but it isn't working here nor at my forum.

Edit: Seems to be working again, perhaps a Twitter issue.

Comment

vBulletin 5 Profile Preview Tooltip
                      Does not seem to work after upgrade to 5.6.2

Comment

Likes Summary and Like Counts on Postbit and Profile are not working for me, brand new install of 5.6.2.

Comment

Originally posted by pecky View Post
                          Likes Summary and Like Counts on Postbit and Profile are not working for me, brand new install of 5.6.2.
                          This seems to be a template issue, it works once you go into each template in the style and hit save, it then seems to kick in.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                          X
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"