X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remove single post links on home page for guests

As the title states, would you consider creating a mod that removes single post links from the home page? This would be for SEO purposes, search engines are NOT liking that the links on the home page under "last post" sends you to the individual new post. Yes, it is coinvent for members, but search engines consider this "duplicate content". I was wondering if there is a mod that can be created so that the home page links to the tread not the latest post, and if not possible for just guests, remove it for everyone?

Links to last post are not only in the Last Post column on Homepage but also on Search Modules that includes replies and comments in Default View as well as in the Go to Last Post blue arrow icon link in Topic View and also in the topic listing on Forum channel page. Is Google also complaining there?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

My search modules are set to the smallest view which shows a simple link to the thread. And comments are disabled, so no issues there and there.

You’re spot on. I would prefer it strip every instance of “single post” links for guests, and just strip the single post links for members only on the home page when clicking the thread title, while leaving the single post links in tact for members when clicking the small buttons. This is the way I’d prefer it, but everyone’s going to have their own preference. I don’t need support for modules though.

Comment

I was recently troubleshooting another issue and stumbled upon your mod for authors. Any suggestions to fix this in 5.6.x? Thanks. Link: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...n-‘author’

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"