X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Spent ONLINE for VB5

Very interesting mod on old version of VB....

But nothing on 5....

Glenn?

Anyone?

Comment

This looks like a complicated mod to implement. How can it accurately record the time spent online if the user became idle and left their computer or phone open while in the forum and then their user session timed out?
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
        This looks like a complicated mod to implement. How can it accurately record the time spent online if the user became idle and left their computer or phone open while in the forum and then their user session timed out?
        When the user is in ONLINE LIST..... the mod count.... when he go offline or hidden, don't count

Comment

Yeah but the tricky part is when a user goes offline due to inactivity. A user also goes offline when he logs out. That's fine, the server would know about it and can do something when that happens. But if a user doesn't log out and just becomes idle and his session times out on its own, the server wouldn't know it since the browser does not inform the server. It's a passive action of the user that the server would not have any knowledge about.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
          Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            It's a passive action of the user that the server would not have any knowledge about.
            Which was likely true in pre-vBulletin 5, so the function then that did the time tracking would have had the same limitation. That just means that the 'time online in Forum' wouldn't be entirely correct. But all users would be affected by this, so all would be treated equally.
            The Linux Community has given me much. I do what I can to return the favor!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              Which was likely true in pre-vBulletin 5, so the function then that did the time tracking would have had the same limitation. That just means that the 'time online in Forum' wouldn't be entirely correct. But all users would be affected by this, so all would be treated equally.
              Sure.... and it's a funny stats that the users appreciate so much!

Comment

glennrocksvb?

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

• Kubes
                  Reply to New here
                  by Kubes
                  Welcome i am learning too. What version you running? I just upgraded to 6.0.3
                  Yesterday, 04:45 PM
                • nekro711
                  New here
                  by nekro711
                  Hello guys,

Im new in this vbulletin thing and while i googled for some info i found this forum.
                  Yesterday, 04:12 PM
                • MikeSD
                  Hi, I'm starting over
                  by MikeSD
                  My web host went out of business after nearly 20 years. I had to do backups of all my Forums to a new site. That's when I started having problems....
                  Yesterday, 03:57 AM
                Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"