X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawaii’s emergency alert interface looks straight out of the ’90s

No one who's used a long-running government website expects such things to be fancy — just functional. But there's a limit to what can be tolerated, and I believe we've reached it with Hawaii's emergency alert system, which is so dated that it would be hilarious if it hadn't just caused a statewide panic. GeoCities ain't got nothing on this.

No one who's used a long-running government website expects such things to be fancy — just functional. But there's a limit to what can be tolerated, and I..
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Hilarious, in a scary way.

What I find amusing is the recent attacks toward the POTUS. The left is claiming that initiatives need to be taken as a fail safe to prevent Trump accidentally pushing the button. That is, as if there are already not extensive fail safes in place, and that there are not other people involved in the current process to launch a retaliatory attack. Furthermore, just because Hawaii sirens went off does not mean that NORAD all of a sudden picked up a phantom inbound ballistic missile. Matter of fact, if the articles I read are correct, the false alarm didn't even interrupt the POTUS' golf game.

While this is not an official picture of the CA emergency alert system, this is an artist rendering of what it may actually look like:

Click image for larger version  Name:	California.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.5 KB ID:	8884

Enjoy,
    William

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
    X
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"