X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Echo Dot vs Google Home

The home speaker market is hotting up, and there is already an Amazon Echo Dot vs Google Home Mini war taking place! The two mega-corporations have become the dominant players in this artificial intelligence marketplace, and thus it is informative to compare the qualities of the two devices.

Do you own one of these devices? I own 2 Amazon Echo Dots. I got one for free from Amazon for developing an Alexa Skill app for vBMods.rocks Latest Posts.

I agree that Google Home Mini is better than Amazon Echo Dot in terms of functionality. But Amazon is 2 years ahead of Google in releasing voice-activated speakers. Thus Amazon has a big edge in the number of apps and integration with home automation makers.

As a Developer, I find the documentation for Amazon Alexa for creating apps is better than Google Home's. It's easier to develop apps for Alexa than Google Home.

See link below for more details on the comparison of the 2 devices done by Forbes.
    ​​​​
    The home speaker market is hotting up, and there is already an Amazon Echo Dot vs Google Home Mini war taking place!
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 12-02-2017, 12:09 PM.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Your thoughts? All the precautions we take and yet we allow others to trespass. I have concerns like recording key board sounds etc. Each key stroke makes a unique sound wouldn't be too much to decode what is being typed on a keyboard by the unique sounds each key stroke makes in our home or office.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/amazon...ions-via-alexa

Comment

When I first heard this news, I opted out of this feature to stop Amazon from listening to my recordings. You can also clear your Alexa history and delete your voice recordings if you want. While the concerns for privacy issues are real in the online world, sometimes there are ways to mitigate them by opting out or totally not using the device or service at all. If you want total online privacy, then you should not be online. You should not be on social media, not use email, not post on forums, not use smartphones, smart speakers and any smart devices, not do online shopping, not use cars with entertainment system (or you could be hacked), etc. But whether we like it or not, we can't live without them. We prefer convenience over privacy.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"