Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What IDE or code editor do you use to develop?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What IDE or code editor do you use to develop?

Wanted to ask the community what kind of IDE or code editor they use to develop php or any type of programming language, web design included.

I'm interested in hearing what you guys use.

I use PHPStorm by JetBrains. This has to be the all around best coding editor in existence. It's a paid editor but look it up if you want a professional development environment. For HTML & CSS (among other file types as well) is has a multi-browser dock for easily viewing the file in multiple browsers. For the inexperienced user you can also live preview. And it actually works unlike the free brackets which always messes up.

It also holds your files in a directory via editor like Sublime Text if your familiar with that.

Search it and see what you think. It's a PHP IDE but nonetheless it has support file multiple file types included SASS and many others.

Looking forward to hearing what you all use.
    Last edited by Brad Padgett; 03-29-2017, 04:50 AM.

I use Sublime Text.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

As I need the adobe cloud for graphic design I also use its dreamweaver for webdesign. But I work more on html and css... php coding is not my business. (Hope one day I find the time to learn more about it)
      Works fine for me with nearly all the same features you have mentioned, Brad.
      Last edited by shining; 03-29-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I use 2 @ the moment Visual studio code and Dreamweaver both can handle php,css html5,xhtml
        Wise men say nothing Fools never listen

Comment

At work, I use Visual Studio. I do ASP.NET MVC, C#, Razor at work. And then Atom for HTML, CSS, SCSS, Javascript and JSX.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
          Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            At work, I use Visual Studio. I do ASP.NET MVC, C#, Razor at work. And then Atom for HTML, CSS, SCSS, Javascript and JSX.
            I have the free visual studio version I'm using to learn C++. I started studying it a while ago but haven't made much progress yet. In my opinion Visual Studio is better than CLion which is the JetBrains IDE for C++.

But yeah I recommend you all check out JetBrains. glennrocksvb their tools beat sublime or atom any day because it marks errors, something sublime can't do without what they call a Linter plugin. Though highlighting is enough for some people. Personally, I like to see the errors.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
            X
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"