Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site upgraded to 5.3.4

Just upgraded the site to 5.3.4.

The 2 most new features I like are the module view permissions and the ability to run scheduled tasks via server's cron system.

Speaking of module view permissions, I will update all my custom modules to include the same module view permission settings. Watch out for the updates.
    • Visitors in the Last X Hours module
    • Tag Cloud That Rocks module
    • Events Module That Rocks
    • Search Module That Rocks
    Which new features do you like? Let us know in your posts.

I upgrade my sites as soon as any is released even if it is in alpha release and i have to admit the best feature for me anyway is the ability to embed google maps in events,just wish there was a way to embed them in a normal post may some one will create a custom bbcode for this.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/6819262243.png

Comment

• NumNum
      NumNum commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here, the google maps will help one of my sites specifically. But first I need to move it to A2 hosting so I can increase the PHP version.

The module view permissions is the feature, I was waiting for so long

And I am not sure but has the page speed increased with the last update?

Comment

You need to be logged in to view the quote. Login or Register now!
      There are quite a few performance improvements in 5.3.4, yes.
      Notably the issue that required some sites to regularly empty the searchlog table in the database has been fixed in 5.3.4.
      My vB5 Cloud Demo Site:
      https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

You need to be logged in to view the quote. Login or Register now!
        Vb's work on performance related improvements is definitely noticed in this version. The searchlog issue was a major inconvenience for those that knew about the problem. I can't imagine the amount of people frustrated which did not know about the issue. My only gripe was that I was out of a month's support ticket fee to track down this issue before Vbulletin was aware. Anyhoot, I am glad each and every version of Vbulletin shows improvement.

William
        Christian Forums

Comment

• NumNum
          NumNum commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that the same as the search index?

• Mark.B
          Mark.B commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not the search index as such no, it's the searchlog table in the database. Prior to 5.3.4 on *some* sites it seemed to fill up and become enormous, causing the site to go slow. The searchlog table can be manually emptied with a query to solve the issue, but in 5.3.4 it shouldn't be a problem.

The query is:
          Code:
          You need to be logged in to view the code. Login or Register now!

NOTE: Do not run DELETE queries on any other tables.

Thanks for clarifying this.
        If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

Working...
        X