Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Projects

Hey Glenn,

Have you ever thought about releasing a list of products in the works? No need to include a release date for them, but it would be nice to see what your plans are for the future of Vb 5.

Enjoy,
    William
    Christian Forums

Thanks for asking. Here they are:
    1. Top Statistics Module (in progress)
    2. Custom Avatar List - select avatars from list of predefined avatars
    3. Set Usergroup on User Profile page (Front-end)
    4. Add ability to easily copy content of [code], [html] and [php] bbcodes to clipboard.
    5. Move Share buttons from postbit to post footer
    6. Sticky Plus button - started but stopped working on it.
    7. Prevent guests from posting links (needs jira VBV-17802 which is currently completed and will probably be included in 5.3.5)
    8. Show notification prompt when new notifications arrive.
    9. Make AutoLinker mod SEO friendly - requires jira VBV-17825; please vote for it.
    10. Prevent guests from seeing links in posts - requires jira VBV-17825; please vote for it.
    11. Improve Topic Starter Ribbon mod - requires jira VBV-17825; please vote for it.
    12. Automatically add alt tags to image attachments - requires jira VBV-17825; please vote for it.
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 11-02-2017, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to number 7 Glenn. Just a request, if someone does try to post a link a big warning that it is not allowed until x amount of posts. This would really cut down on one post spammers.
      Christian Forums

Comment

• NumNum
        NumNum commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking the exact same thing!

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        I see the corresponding JIRA request has been implemented in 5.4.0. I'll take a look and see if the new hook will help in implementing this feature.

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      Top Statistics Module (in progress)
      Here's a sneak peek of this mod.

Comment

• Fleet
        Fleet commented
        Editing a comment
        That should be cool. How about the text on your title? It has that cool lighter blue blackground. Id like to see how black looks behind the white on my forum. Is that a photo?

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        That's just a text shadow.

• Fleet
        Fleet commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok thanks.

Here's a sneak peek of this mod.

Oh, man.......

Anyway to pay to be a beta tester and get this module early?

I can't literate how much I am looking forward to this mod. I hope you name it something really cool like "Dragon Slayer"!

Enjoy,
      William
      Christian Forums

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Dragon Slayer LOL

Will the Top Statistics Module be available for the cloud?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately no. The mod requires uploading a php file on the server.

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Figures
        With all your spare time don't forget about those flashing goodies we talked about. I need more MODS

Hi Glenn,

Are you "this" close from releasing that Stat mod or "that" far from releasing it?

Impatiently waiting for this mod

Enjoy,
      William
      Christian Forums

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        "this" close

You're killing me Glenn. I just enabled post comments and notice that comments do not boost the post upward in the latest reply of the Dragonbyte Information panel. Can't wait for your release. I hope post commenting will result in posts being moved up in the latest post of your mod.

Enjoy,
      William
      Christian Forums

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        It's an inherent Search API issue. So my mod might have the same issue as it's just utilizing that API.

Be nice if post comments added to forum post totals. We are wasting so many post stats with these comments. lol

Comment

Hello Glenn,

William told me about this thread, because I had posted this over there...

Hello Everybody,

I'm looking for a way (mod or something) that I could get a list of
        Top 5 or Top 10 posters in past 30 days or week, for contest & such.

I think it would give admins great info about recent activity on the forum.

Any help would really be appreciated.
        Your Top Statistics Module looks like it comes close to what I'm wanting.
        vB5 User Activity Statistics or vB5 New Post Statistics could possibly be modded to what I'm looking for.

Thank You for Your Time!!!!!
        RUBE

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm still working on it. Have not had much time working on any mods during and after the holiday season due to personal reasons. But I'm starting to get back on it.

• William
          William commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to see you made it here Rube!

Just checking in Glenn. How is the Statistics module coming? I was also curious as to whether it will be responsive for mobile devices?
        Christian Forums

Comment

Yes it will be responsive for mobile devices. Have not worked on it lately. I'll try to finish it soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	9817

Comment

Hello Glenn,

I know I'm pushing it but I would really like to have a way to check & see who the top posters are in a 7 day & 30 day period. Maybe adjustable from 1 to 30 days or more? It doesn't have to be viewed by the members or maybe viewed when admin wants it viewed. Just a thought.

It seems like a great way to have some kind of contest & to know who the top poster is over a given time. Have some kind of prize giveaway, if worked right it would definitely help increase members posting more.

Have a Nice Day!!!!!
            RUBE
            Last edited by RUBE; 03-22-2018, 05:41 AM. Reason: Signature?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, adding cutoff time is a good feature. I will look into it.

Yes it will be responsive for mobile devices. Have not worked on it lately. I'll try to finish it soon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	283.4 KB ID:	9817
            I'm really looking forward to this products release. Part of the issue I have now is that my current stats module is not responsive. Very limited visual sight activity on mobile is currently available on my site. I plan to run two instances of this module, one on the main home page and the second on the activity page. Just curious, will two instances be able to be tailored individually settings wise? In other words, the home page module displays every thing, top ten stats of each category. Activity page displays only latest top 25 posts?

If there is any way to get a working version of this currently in alpha or beta etc lemme know. I'd really like to get this on the main page as soon as possible.

Looking forward to another Vbmods.rocks product.
            William
            Christian Forums

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
              Activity page displays only latest top 25 posts
              Why not just use the Search Module to display the latest 25 posts?

Comment

Working...
              X