Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the social media buttons on the left side!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the social media buttons on the left side!

I think this is something that is so important. The buttons are always there, which makes sharing quick and easy. Very nice!

Thanks for the feedback Scream And Fly.

I'm using AddThis.com service for the social media buttons. It is displayed on the left side for desktop and at the bottom on mobile. This can be done on vB4 and vB3 or any sites for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      Thanks for the feedback Scream And Fly.

I'm using AddThis.com service for the social media buttons. It is displayed on the left side for desktop and at the bottom on mobile. This can be done on vB4 and vB3 or any sites for that matter.
      Thank you for the link. Trying this out now.

Comment

Hey does this work for the cloud version aswell? Im having some trouble.

Comment

Yes it works with vBCloud or any website for that matter.

After you configure the widget in addthis.com website, you will get the generated code which is below

HTML Code:
          <!-- Go to www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools -->
          <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=XXXXX"></script>
          where XXXXX is your publisher ID.

Their instructions say to insert the script tag right above the </body> tag. You can paste the code in vBCloud by utilizing the Google Analytics option in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Search Engine Options > Google Analytics Javascript.

Comment

Okay perfect! Thanks Glenn

Comment

Working...
            X