X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi From RoboHa

Hi from Roboha. I'm using Vbulletin 5.2.2 version.Does 'Autolinker' plugin work on this version?

Hi RoboHa, welcome to vbmods.rocks!

The AutoLinker mod was originally written during 5.2.4 or 5.2.5 and has not been changed up to this day. It was not tested against 5.2.2 but theoretically it should work. I would highly recommend you to upgrade to the latest version though for the following reasons:
    1. vB 5.2.2 has unpatched security vulnerabilities. Your site is vulnerable to hackers.
    2. It is very old and unsupported anymore.
    3. Tons of bug fixes, enhancements and new features had been introduced from 5.2.3 to 5.4.0.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We have purchased 'Autolinker' plugin and installed as per your instructions, in our site which is in vbulletin 5.2.2 version. I've created some words and their corresponding links and created a post with those words. But nothing happens. It would be great, if you can test the compatibility of 'Autolinker' with vBulletin 5.2.2 version and let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Can you post or PM a link to your forum? I'll take a look if it's just a mod config issue or not.

But you really have to upgrade vB to the latest version. You have a bigger security problem than a non-working mod.

You mentioned in the email that you have a lot of PHP core hacks. You would need to backup them before the upgrade and re-apply them after the upgrade. You have no option but to do this. This is the reason why generally I try to avoid core hacks ubless absolutely necessary. There may be other ways to do this without editing PHP files such as using template hooks, PHP hooks and API extensions.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I've sent you a pm, thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"