X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APCO 2018 | 84th Annual Conference & Expo

About APCO 2018, APCO International’s Annual Conference & Expo, is the premier event for public safety communications officials, from frontline telecommunicators to comm center managers to public safety communications equipment and services vendors. Starting August 5, APCO 2018 offers four days of educational sessions, committee meetings and special events, paired with two full days of exhibits.
    When and Where Is It?
    APCO 2018 will be held August 5-8, 2018, in Las Vegas, NV. The Exhibit Hall will be open August 6-7. Various hotels near the conference will be offering special rates to APCO 2018 attendees.
    Who Attends?
    The 5,600+ attendees represent a wide range of organizations, including PSAPs, law enforcement, fire service, emergency medical services, and government agencies, along with service providers and commercial vendors.
    Why Attend?
    • Education: Attendees can earn up to 16 CEUs from nine professional development tracks with more than 100 individual sessions focused on frontline telecommunicators, leadership development, comm center management, cutting edge issues, technology and more. Pre-conference APCO Institute courses offer more in-depth training.
    • Networking: Four special events (extra fees may apply) with engaging speakers provide an opportunity to learn, laugh and participate in industry-building activities with other public safety communications attendees and exhibitors.
    • Exhibits: More than 275 vendors, representing a wide range of public safety communications products and services, launch new products, provide equipment to test drive, and meet with attendees to discuss purchases or problems.
    • Involvement: Attendees can attend PSAP tours, career advancement sessions, and healthy living seminars, as well as donate blood to a local blood bank. All attendees are invited to the general business sessions, and qualified APCO members can vote and attend committee meetings.
    • Fun: Attendees can meet and mingle at the APCO Block Party or tour the city with special discounts to Las Vegas area attractions.
    How Do I Register?
    Registration opens in April 2018 with Flash Day. APCO members who register on Flash Day get a $100 discount on their registration fees.
    Starts
    08-05-2018 04:00 AM
    Ends
    08-08-2018 10:00 AM

Has anyone activated their api key for this feature in 5.4.3?

I'm trying to on my site, but cant get it to work. I keep getting this error,

"The Google Maps API server rejected your request. This API project is not authorized to use this API."

Even though I have authorized the api.

Comment

I will try it on this site and see. But not right now. Meanwhile, have you googled for that error message?
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

No, but I'll play around with it tonight.

Comment

So I have reviewed this, googled, and applied what has been recommended and it still does not function (the mapping). So I will be curious to see others results.

Comment

Resolved, the instructions were initially wrong, users must use Maps Embed API.

Comment

I have it also working here but I chose to restrict the usage of the Maps API to vbmods.rocks referrer only but that part seems to be not working. That's why you see the error in your first post. But if I unrestrict it, the map appears correctly.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I finally figured it out. I entered the wrong domain as the referrer.

I entered:

Code:
                *.vbmods.rocks/*
                and changed it to:

Code:
                *vbmods.rocks/*
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Restricting your API key prevents others to use it as it is visible in the HTML source of your page. With the restriction in place, they cannot easily use it even if they get your API key.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Mine should be restricted to my server ip. Do you see it otherwise?

Comment

Any restriction method should be good.
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                      X
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"