X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vb 5.4 Alpha1

Upgraded my 2 sites without problems all mods work as expected.
    I have really tested it out on my live sites yet doing it on my test sites and the 2 things i like with this is the inclusion of the sprite icons also the ability to add items to the help menu
    examples of this is custom bbcodes also any custom modules such as Drag and Drop from here lets the members know what is new and how to use it example below is a help item i created for Drag and Drop it is a bit basic now but with time you can create some really useful help topics.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	519
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	8807
    Wise men say nothing Fools never listen

That's cool! Thanks for sharing.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

The Vbulletin 5 staff seem to pride themselves on being unclear. I still don't understand how you're supposed to change the colors of the sprite icons.

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        I was wondering the same thing in plain and simple terms for some of the less experienced like me.

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
      The Vbulletin 5 staff seem to pride themselves on being unclear. I still don't understand how you're supposed to change the colors of the sprite icons.
      There are some new stylevars to change the color of the icons. You find it under category icons.
      My forum closed !

Comment

I will be listing which sprite icon stylevar changes each one shortly but remember the colours that change are global so if you change any that has white to say green all icons with white in it will turn green

Comment

You change the icon colours with stylevars in the same way you can change lots of other colours.

Once the release is finalised we'll put a quick guide together and post it up on the support forums.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	8856

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Mark

I finally figured it out. It's not hard. I just had to read Wayne Luke's explanation a couple of times. I guess the thing that was throwing me was that you have to change a variable with a color in the name, to a different color. So one of my blues is now orange. Seems to me they could just make something like printer's color blocks along the bottom that are designated with a number. Then the icon variable would just be, for example "icon_color_23" or whatever. Otherwise you have to remember that your green is yellow and your blue #4 orange. For example, I started one below, (but got tired of numbering them).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.7 KB ID:	8859

But another thing since I upgraded. When logged in as admin on my forum, the double speech icon for all channels shows unread and stays that way, no matter what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post

But another thing since I upgraded. When logged in as admin on my forum, the double speech icon for all channels shows unread and stays that way, no matter what I do.
            I'm quoting myself ... how sad. But anyway,
            If anyone has any idea, I'd appreciate some input. On my site the indicators for whether a channel is "read" or not remains in the "unread" status whenever I'm logged in as administrator. When I inspect the element it shows
            Code:
            <span class="icon b-icon b-icon__speech-double-m--blue .b-icon__speech-double-m--gray"></span>
            In the template
            "display_Forums_item" starting at line 66 it reads
            Code:
            <span class="icon b-icon <vb:if condition="$forum['is_new']">b-icon__speech-double-m--blue<vb:else />b-icon__speech-double-m--gray</vb:if>"></span>
            <div class="forum-info<vb:if condition="$forum['rss_enabled']"> forum-info-has-rss</vb:if>">
            So all I can figure is that it's something to do with that. When I posted about this on the vBulletin forum no one seems to know what I'm talking about. I'm wondering if maybe one of the mods I've done could have changed something? (I'm not pointing fingers Glen!! just wondering if this rang any bells).

Comment

I don't see the issue as a guest on your site. Does the issue only happen for Admins?
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
              Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

just noticed vb5.4 rc1 in members area have upgraded 1 test site all seems to be ok

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool!

Ok been messing about with the sprite icons you can create some good looking themes with them i am working on a new theme at the moment and it is nearly done (and for the record i like dark themes)below is some pics of a theme i have almost finished and of course some of the looks are dependent on additional.css that i got from here.

Name:	forum.png
Views:	72
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	9171

Name:	newt.png
Views:	154
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	9172

Name:	post.png
Views:	87
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	9173

Comment

• willie53
                  willie53 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A working demo can be seen @ cometbar.co.uk

now in members area vb5.4 rc2 upgraded test sited all working fine

Comment

RC 3 available upgraded test site all mods working php7.2.2

Comment

vb 5.4 stable released updated test site all mods working

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                      You change the icon colours with stylevars in the same way you can change lots of other colours.

Once the release is finalised we'll put a quick guide together and post it up on the support forums.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	8856
                      Does anyone have that "icon" guide?

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                      X
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"