Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the first time you ever joined a forum?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are all forum owners (or manage a forum for someone else) here. But I'm curious to know when was the first time you ever joined a forum?

Let me start with myself...I started joining a forum 15 years ago (June 2002). That forum is http://www.codingforums.com, a web development and coding forums website. It was running vBulletin (didn't know what version) and then later on they upgraded to vB4 which is what they still have today. I'm known there as "glenngv" and I have helped hundreds of users with their Javascript, HTML, CSS and ASP/VBScript coding problems. I was once the most active user with 10K+ posts and got Most Helpful Member awards twice. Now I have 11K+ posts but I'm no longer active.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	319
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	7146

How about you?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Wow, you are a rock star! But then again, anyone who knows you, knows how much of an asset you are to the forum community.

My first forum to join in 2006 was http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums ,but I'm not as active as you were.

I am fortunate enough to help with 4 different forums, all but one is vB5. My personal one is Xenforo.

I have learned alot over the last few years about vB5, thanks to you, and I really like the software.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_689.jpg Views:	1 Size:	11.2 KB ID:	7149

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      That forum is http://www.codingforums.com, a web development and coding forums website.
      Just for FYI, my virus protection went of when clicking the link. Web Attack: "JSCoinminer download".

Enjoy,
      William

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know why it did that to you. It's working fine for me.

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried Chrome, Firefox and IE11 and all work fine.

• William
        William commented
        Editing a comment
        The site works, but my anti virus goes off and blocks the alleged download.

• NumNum
        NumNum commented
        Editing a comment
        I had no issue as well.

Name:	Web Attack.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	7159

Comment

To go back to the topic...I never knew then that later on I would be working directly in the development of a future vBulletin version that is now vB5. I was not even in the US at that time. That forum helped me developed my web development skills as I was trying to solve countless coding problems. And at that time there were no Javascript frameworks or libraries and browser debugging tools that make coding easier. The browsers then were Netscape 4, IE4, IE5.5, IE6 and you used alert() to debug Javascript code. Ahhh, good times...
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

The first forum i joined in march 2002 is sadly not anymore it was www.nthellworld.com a place cable customers could let of steam about problems they were having with the telco NTL eventually some of the employees joined the forum and actually helped the customers with their problems
          I am now a member of its predecessor although not as active as i used to be http://www.cableforum.co.uk
          Wise men say nothing Fools never listen

Comment

My first forum i joined was in 2009 and was called CreativX.net which is no longer where i made it from Moderator to Administrator until it went offline in 2014.
            The main topic on that forum was Windows 7 themes and other graphic designs especially for Win 7.
            The forum did also run on vBulletin 4 and it was there i learned a lot about vBulletin and thanks to the owner of CreativX who sold me his vBulletin license (he had 2 licenses) i started my own site in 2012.

Comment

I joined the forum I later inherited on December 26,2002 which is the day it was converted from PHPbb to vBulletin. I was member for a few years before that. It was originally SamConder.com, then BT3Central.com and is now SawDustZone.org.

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 11.08.20 AM.png
Views:	48
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	7247

Comment

Thanks for sharing guys! Nice to see who are the forum veterans here
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"