X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDPR and cookies

Found a site that will generate a cookie policy for your site that is gdpr compliant Here
    Wise men say nothing Fools never listen

Thanks for sharing willie53. This is very helpful!
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I'm not fully aware of what GDPR is but this seems to be only related with the EU Cookie Law and not GDPR.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

here is part gdpr regarding cookies
        Not all cookies are used in a way that could identify users, but the majority are and will be subject to the GDPR. This includes cookies for analytics, advertising and functional services, such as survey and chat tools.

To become compliant, organisations will need to either stop collecting the offending cookies or find a lawful ground to collect and process that data. Most organisations rely on consent (either implied or opt-out), but the GDPR’s strengthened requirements mean it will be much harder to obtain legal consent. The consequences of this were discussed during the 2016 Data Protection Compliance Conference and its findings described by Cookie Law:

Comment

But GDPR is not just about cookies, right? If you store personal data in the database, then you will also have to comply to GDPR.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Correct but for sites such as forums no personal data is stored all most forums require is a username password and email address which can be anything even free email addresses that has no link back to you personally, and i always tell members to never post personal info in the open forum if they really need to pass personal info to another member then do so via pm and always delete them after you have finished.
            Well there is one bit of personal info that is stored but only the admins can see this which is the ip address but then again if they use a vpn which most people do these days then storing the ip is a mute point

Comment

Email address could be considered personal data or perhaps even username or IP address. And also avatar if they uploaded their real photo.

Here's a brief guide to what is (or could be) personal data according to https://www.itgovernance.eu/blog/en/...-personal-data
              • Biographical information or current living situation, including dates of birth, Social Security numbers, phone numbers and email addresses.
              • Looks, appearance and behaviour, including eye colour, weight and character traits.
              • Workplace data and information about education, including salary, tax information and student numbers.
              • Private and subjective data, including religion, political opinions and geo-tracking data.
              • Health, sickness and genetics, including medical history, genetic data and information about sick leave.
              And from GDPR, here's their definition of personal data:
              [A]n identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by willie53 View Post
                Correct but for sites such as forums no personal data is stored all most forums require is a username password and email address which can be anything even free email addresses that has no link back to you personally, and i always tell members to never post personal info in the open forum if they really need to pass personal info to another member then do so via pm and always delete them after you have finished.
                Well there is one bit of personal info that is stored but only the admins can see this which is the ip address but then again if they use a vpn which most people do these days then storing the ip is a mute point
                vBulletin.com has recently upgraded to vB 5.4.3 Alpha to comply with GDPR. So forums definitely use personal data.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"