Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying vBulletin License

Greetings Everyone:

I'm looking to obtain a vBulletin license for vBulletin 5 or any previous version that way I can take the time to really learn both the front-end and back-end of the system. I've posted on many vBulletin forums but never really learned the admin or moderator side. Due to my limited income buying a vB license is at the moment outside of my budget. I'm looking to replace an aging internal solution that my team built as our "Social Intranet Platform" thus allowing my support team, family, doctors, and vendors one centralized and secured place to communicate and connect. If anyone could help, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Hi Carly,

I think I can help you with your desire! I have vBulletin licenses and very want to create a great forum. I think we can create it together (I'll just set up the vB and everything you need).
    What do you think about it?

Comment

Originally posted by oliynykdm View Post
      Hi Carly,

I think I can help you with your desire! I have vBulletin licenses and very want to create a great forum. I think we can create it together (I'll just set up the vB and everything you need).
      What do you think about it?
      Hello:

thanks for your interest. I think that sounds like a great idea. My only concern is that myself and my information technology department need to manage the whole thing from the ground up due to the fact that the particular project I’m working on is a social platform for my friends, family, doctors, and other support personnel to connect and collaborate on all things relating to my health, operations, interaction with the general public, and other sensitive data. As a result of the highly sensitive data that will be stored on that site, we’ll need to have my IT people deal with everything. I pay for web hosting space and help admin our current solution so it would be myself and my team running everything since we don’t want just any random person accessing my emergency contacts list, appointment schedule, etc. especially with my very extensive history of abuse this site would need to be extremely locked down from outside access.

Plus if I personally help my IT teams run it, then I gain what I crave more than anything and that is knowledge and experience. Hope all this makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by cfleischmann View Post

Hello:

thanks for your interest. I think that sounds like a great idea. My only concern is that myself and my information technology department need to manage the whole thing from the ground up due to the fact that the particular project I’m working on is a social platform for my friends, family, doctors, and other support personnel to connect and collaborate on all things relating to my health, operations, interaction with the general public, and other sensitive data. As a result of the highly sensitive data that will be stored on that site, we’ll need to have my IT people deal with everything. I pay for web hosting space and help admin our current solution so it would be myself and my team running everything since we don’t want just any random person accessing my emergency contacts list, appointment schedule, etc. especially with my very extensive history of abuse this site would need to be extremely locked down from outside access.

Plus if I personally help my IT teams run it, then I gain what I crave more than anything and that is knowledge and experience. Hope all this makes sense
        Ah, sorry. It means that you are not able to cooperate with me in this project due to your privacy rules. Am I right? Do you just want to use vBulletin isolated with your close people?

Comment

Ah, sorry. It means that you are not able to cooperate with me in this project due to your privacy rules. Am I right? Do you just want to use vBulletin isolated with your close people?
          Yes, that’s right. The only people that need access to it are:
          1. Doctors
          2. Operations Staff
          3. IT Staff
          4. Telecom Support Staff
          5. Family
          6. Vendor Support Staff

i might be able to work with you, we just need to ensure that the general public cannot get into the site.

Comment

Originally posted by cfleischmann View Post

i might be able to work with you, we just need to ensure that the general public cannot get into the site.
            This is not a problem, we can make basic http auth (through htaccess&htpasswd) that only they will know.

Comment

This is not a problem, we can make basic http auth (through htaccess&htpasswd) that only they will know.
              Keeping everything on a private sub domain would reduce the number of steps my staff would need to go through to get in. If we moderate new user registrations and the such. Just some thoughts but the htaccess would be a great extra layer of security

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"