X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn my theme into a dark theme?

I own http://tunerheat.com and I am wanting to make it into a dark theme, but unsure the best possible route for this and the difficulty of it. I know how to change the BG color, but where the sections are at seems super difficult to turn it into a dark style. is there a guide anywhere that can point me to the right direction? Thank you

Have you considered just purchasing pre-made custom skins? It's less work for you plus I think it includes free updates.

Explore premium vBulletin 6, vBCloud, and XenForo 2 themes. Elevate your online community with stylish designs and custom services.

Demo:

I'm not endorsing that site and I don't know the owner/designer but that's the only cool dark skins I have seen for vB5.

The challenge with making custom themes is to keep up with the HTML/CSS changes introduced by vB with every version upgrade. You may be happy with your current CSS customizations only to be broken when you upgrade due to the breaking changes in HTML/CSS introduced in the latest version.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      Have you considered just purchasing pre-made custom skins? It's less work for you plus I think it includes free updates.

Explore premium vBulletin 6, vBCloud, and XenForo 2 themes. Elevate your online community with stylish designs and custom services.

Demo:

I'm not endorsing that site and I don't know the owner/designer but that's the only cool dark skins I have seen for vB5.

The challenge with making custom themes is to keep up with the HTML/CSS changes introduced by vB with every version upgrade. You may be happy with your current CSS customizations only to be broken when you upgrade due to the breaking changes in HTML/CSS introduced in the latest version.
      I was thinking about it but I have a feeling it'll be super hard to edit due to all the editing done to the theme. I'll take a look into it though.

Comment

Wasn't a big fan of their themes unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post

Demo:

I use SultanThemes for my site (Fatih), which is modified, but uses a Sultan theme as the base. I also have work being done currently by Sultan Themes, they offer a service by which they'll convert an old VB4 to VB5 Template. So if you can find a template from VB 4 Dyno, this may be an option to you. My favorite dark template is a VB 4 template which Sultan Themes is currently working on for my Vb 5 site.

And just letting you know that Sultan Themes does have top notch support, always updating the templates quickly after a Vbulletin update. If you decide not to go with a Vb 4 or Vb 5 commercial template you may want to take advantage of one of their custom services.

Enjoy,
          William

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"