X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Pixel XL vs iPhone 7 Plus

For those on the fence of buying a new smartphone, watch the comparison between Google's new phone Pixel XL and Apple's iPhone 7 Plus.

Google Pixel XL hands-on review:

iPhone 7 Plus hands-on review:

Which one would you go for?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

I went to the Verizon store a couple weeks ago and checked out the new phones being offered. The more I looked, the less I was impressed and walked out of the store with one of these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	masthead-phone.png
Views:	80
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1785 Yep, regression.....

I've found I have a lot more time on my hands and have been less distracted at work and in general really.
    I kept my old smart phone as a backup and for taking pictures and uploading, but for general use, I've gone simple and don't regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicant View Post
      I went to the Verizon store a couple weeks ago and checked out the new phones being offered. The more I looked, the less I was impressed and walked out of the store with one of these.

Yep, regression.....

I've found I have a lot more time on my hands and have been less distracted at work and in general really.
      I kept my old smart phone as a backup and for taking pictures and uploading, but for general use, I've gone simple and don't regret it.
      Ha Ha, after researching the Google Pixel I have decided that it and the Google Fi network is what I want.

Thanks Glenn for your informative post. Replicant, I'll send you my old phone which had a little mini keyboard that slides out if you want to regress further!

Enjoy,
      William

Comment

Nice William!

Google Fi now has a group plan. I bought my wife the Pixel phone and added her to my Fi plan. This brings down the base charge from $20 to $15.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          Nice William!

Google Fi now has a group plan. I bought my wife the Pixel phone and added her to my Fi plan. This brings down the base charge from $20 to $15.
          The Group plan does appeal to me, but the price of the Pixel phone is a little out of my range at the moment especially for two of them. Do you have suggestions on where to buy the phone for the cheapest price? If you are using Amazon affiliates, I'll be sure to use your link so you get credit for it when I make the purchase, though we are still 8 months away before our At&t contract is up.

Enjoy,
          William

Comment

You could buy Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P. Since the Pixel phones are out, the Nexus phones got cheaper. In your Google Fi account dashboard, if you add a member to your plan, you could choose Nexus 6P ($399) or Nexus 5X ($199) and buy from there. If you check them in Amazon, they're more expensive, 6P ($500+) and 5X ($270+). If you check them in Google Store, you won't find them.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

If you buy another Fi compatible phone after your AT&T contract is up, then Nexus phones will be cheaper by then.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                You could buy Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P. Since the Pixel phones are out, the Nexus phones got cheaper. In your Google Fi account dashboard, if you add a member to your plan, you could choose Nexus 6P ($399) or Nexus 5X ($199) and buy from there. If you check them in Amazon, they're more expensive, 6P ($500+) and 5X ($270+). If you check them in Google Store, you won't find them.
                Thanks Glenn,

I can afford the Pixel which is 27 dollars a month through the Google Fi page! It is currently out of stock, but I have it set to contact me when it is in.

Enjoy,
                William

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"